We are looking for someone with experience who can work within a fast placed company. They must have a can-do attitude with the ability to work within a team and alone. The daily responsibilities of this position will be to manage and oversee two key roles within the NYC Seminar and Conference Center. You will report directly to the Sales and Marketing Manager. This position will also requires you to help with daily event management and operations tasks. Catering Manager:
• Works with catering vendors
• Organize and monitor the catering orders daily.
• Ensure that every order is placed and confirmed with the vendor
• Work with clients and Event Managers to help solve any catering issues that may arise
• Review and file all catering invoices
• Update catering menu on our website and event management systems
• Change catering items as part of a continued effort to upgrade catering options
• Responsible for billing and invoicing every event
• Responsible for managing and scheduling all event reservations on our event calendar
• Work closely with the Sales Department and Event Managers to ensure all details of each event are correct
• Work with senior management regarding the development and implementation of new event management software
• Help create policies and procedures that help the operations staff accomplish their tasks
• Oversee the daily needs of the conference center
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in hospitality field or closely related with minimum 2-3 years of events experience
• Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
• Demonstrates diplomacy in the most difficult situations, remaining positive and composed
• Strong interpersonal skills, willing to assist co-workers in tasks but also works well independently
• Excellent customer service skills are essential
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Outgoing individual with a desire to learn
• Able to think on their feet and solve problems at a moment notice
• Proficiency in Excel and Google Docs
NYCSCC is looking for a dynamic, technologically oriented individual willing to work in a fast-paced, small business environment. By serving a supporting role in our technology department, the employee will gain hands-on technical experience in the service industry. As a Technology Coordinator within our Operations and Tech Departments, the employee will be exposed to many different areas of the industry including event logistics, event planning and departmental coordination. We are seeking a current student or recent college graduate willing to work part-time. Candidates should be energetic, innovative, and be able to multi-task.
The New York City Seminar Conference Center (NYCSCC) is looking for a technologically oriented individual willing to work in a fast-paced, small business environment. By assisting our clients with their technological needs and helping to maintain our network, the employee will gain hands-on technical experience in the service industry. As part of our technical support team, you will need to diagnose problems and provide solutions. We are seeking a recent college graduate or someone with 1-2 years of field experience to fill this position. Candidates should have exceptional presentation and communication skills, be detail oriented, self motivated, and flexible. Server experience, PC troubleshooting skills, and experience with Linux/Unix required.
Technology Conference Center in NYC Flaitron District and Chelsea needs Operations Staffer to assist with the management and delivery of events at its NYC offices. Help manage events in all aspects - setup rooms, put out event materials, provide support to customers, help manage catering and food and beverage, break down and clean up rooms after events. Assist senior staff with all aspects of Conference Center events. Opportunities for advancement. Both full-time and part-time available. Check out web site at NYCSCC.com for description of company. A great work environment in a great neighborhood.
Paid • $16 per hour
Meeting, Convention, and Event Planners
The NYC Seminar and Conference Center is looking for a Junior Event Manager who will work closely with our Event Team to plan and execute successful events for our clients. The daily responsibilities are to assist with:
- Contacting the clients for their upcoming events
- Working with catering vendors
- Organizing and monitoring the catering orders daily.
- Assisting the Event Managers to help solve any catering issues that may arise
- Assist in Using Cloud Based Conference Center Management Tool in Scheduling and Planning Events
- Assist and Coordinate with Financial Dept. In Maintaining Client Accounts and Analyzing Event Billings and Costs.
- You will also be asked to help setup and break down the layouts for events, as well as set up catering in rooms if needed.
Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate possesses strong written and verbal communication skills; must be an energetic multi-tasker willing to "wear multiple hats."
- Strong interpersonal skills, willing to assist co-workers in tasks but also works well independently
- Experience with Basic Accounting and Financial Concepts and Methods, or ability and desire to learn about them
- Excellent customer service skills are essential
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Outgoing individual with a desire to learn
- Able to think on their feet and solve problems at a moment notice
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Docs
Supply Chain Management, Real Estate, Operations Management, Human Resources, Food Industry Management, Entrepreneurship, Economics, Consulting, Business Analytics, Actuarial/Risk Analysis, Sales, Accounting, Non Profit Management, Management Science, International Business, Insurance, Construction Management, Agriculture Business, Sport Business & Marketing, Retail & Hospitality Administration, Business Administration & Management, Marketing, Finance & Financial Management, Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies
US work authorization is required
Paid • $16 per hour
The New York City Seminar and Conference Center (NYCSCC) is looking for an energetic individual willing to work in a fast-paced, small business environment. By assisting our event managers in the preparation and maintenance of our events, you will gain valuable, hands-on experience in the hospitality industry. As an employee in a small business, you will have the opportunity to make an impact by working in many different aspects of our company.
Applicants are expected to:
- Assist in the set-up, running, and closing of events. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Moving Tables and Chairs
- Setting-up Catering
- Preparing Technical Equipment
- Ensuring the Proper Resources are Available to Clients
- Interact with corporate clients by greeting them and providing exemplary service to ensure that their event runs smoothly.
- Ensuring that events are running as they should.
- Performing necessary maintenance tasks. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Checking Inventory of Supplies
- Completing Daily Assigned Tasks
- Cleaning and Sustaining the Meeting Space
- Assist the event planning and operations staff in creating placards, signs and rosters.
We are seeking a current high school or college student fill this position. Candidates should have strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as a desire to work in a less structured, entrepreneurial environment. Problem solving–skills are a plus. You will be a part of a team here. Flexibility is a must. Physical demands include lifting and moving furniture up to 50lbs, setting up and breaking down rooms for various events throughout your shift, and are able to walk/stand for extended periods of time.
Qualified individuals will be expected to work independently when necessary as well as take directions from upper management. Ability to be flexible with hours a plus. Compensation will be based on skill level